Help setting up groups

Hi all, I have Railmaster on a pc with XP Pro, the Elite and a 22" touch screen. All seems to work as it should do. I'm just finding my way around this setup. I would like to set up some groups, to put all my Thomas locos in a group etc. Where do i start

and what buttons do i push, it's like the help menu in windows all the info about settings but can't find where to start??. Thanks guys in advance, maybe i'm missing the obvious somewhere but i don't think so, cheers.

hi sailor sam
its all in the railmaster manual which can be downloaded from the hornby web site, starts on page 19 under controling and defining locomotives.
use up/down arrows to the right of locomotive groups box, type in thomas, for example,tick

little box to left. when you want to save ,click on green tick.
hope it works
regards
steamfreak

Hi Steamfreak, i have searched the pdf file for "group" it isn't between pages 4-26. I can't find where to start to creat a group. Railmaster just updated itself and there are no little arrows like on page 19 or are they there only when you have created

several groups to choose from. It's all very fine saying in the manual that you can creat groups but what's the first button to push etc to get the process started. Either i can't see the wood for the trees or the info is not there. Thanks & season's greetings

to all on here.

hi sailor sam
i am assuming you have locos set up on railmaster without allocating any group to them,so lets try this
run railmaster
select locos - single loco icon at the top
from your list of locos(in white towards top left)
- highlight

one
locomtive group - use little down arrow (to the right of the box)and scroll to add new group
tick little box to left and then type in thomas
if you are happy - tick green tick
exit railmaster then run it again
if you then select locos again

it should show thomas against your chosen loco

hope this works for you
regards
steamfreak

Hi all, I have over the weekend tried setting up a group but to no avail. I do not have the little arrows at right of the group box, shewn in the manual. Presumable these are a selection of default groups you can choose from when placing a loco in a group.

I also tried to creat a new group "thomas" for all my Thomas locos, i couldn't do that. I hit the little box to add new group and the window went a pale lemon colour, i typed Thomas and hit the tick to save. closed RM and reopened it, Hit locos and Emily but

No group came up to select, No arrows, and No little group window to right of main RM window above selected locos. I have the latest update, it did that the other day.
Do i have a bad copy or something here, am going to look on my laptop i had the trial

version on while i got my desktop box up and running. Both are xp pro all updated etc.

Cheers Sailorsam

Hooooooo rudy ray!!! Thank you Valderama THAT!! worked, as i previuosly said i was going to check on my laptop with the trial version on it, i discoverd just that about 10 mins ago by accident. I had done the new group thing and a quick message box came

up with hit enter in it. All's ok now, i fired up the desktop on the railway and done the same thing there and got a couple of groups set up fine. I had been hitting the little green tick after setting up loco in a group then closing the locos window and nothing

was happening!!!. Thank you, nowhere in the manual can i see any reference to actually setting up a group, it tells you it can be done but NOT!!! how. I was hoping someone on here would tell me how.

It's a little calmer here now aahhh!. Valium was getting

low

Thanks again Sailorsam

Archived