Getting Railmaster and Propak deactivated.

It's happened again. I've 'locked up' my layout tablet.

I couldn't get my handheld to communicate, so decided to reinstall windows.

I tried to deactivate the app., but the tablet would not communicate with Railmaster. 

Like an idiot I decided to reinstall anyway. Now have lost the app and propak. 

I emailed support and got a reply I couldn't understand, and something about, if I entered my details wrong, try again in a few days.

My point is, why isn't communication simpler. I had this before, and get so frustrated.

I've found out the problem, the Russians. My Kaspersky protection has upgraded to 2018, and includes a feature 'Secure Connection' which blocked communications.

Rant over.

For future, it will be most unlikely you will ever need to reinstall Windows, or RM for that matter. 

You have emailed HRMS haven’t you?  If you can, email them from the facility in the RM Help screen, if not then support@rail-master.com. You need to tell them what you’ve done and give them your name address and email details from first registration then your RM and ProPak license key details. They will then reset the activation for you.   Once you tell them all of that, it will be clear you haven’t just entered them incorrectly.

Sorry for delay WD, have you got it fixed yet? 

My point above is that only one method of communication works, that is to HRMS who hold the database of activated copies so only they can show yours as deactivated. It may also work via HCC if they pass you details to HRMS. And they need all the info I listed, don’t give them all and they will come back and ask for the rest before they believe you aren’t having a lend of them. 

Archived