Elite Programming

Guest Chrissaf

Hi I've tried to program a Bachman loco containing a soundtrax chip but had no luck.So I purchased a Hornby sapphire chip.I put that in and still could not program it I used the simple method and the Reg method but no good.Anyone got any ideas

I take it that you did put your loco on your programming track piece connected to your Elite 'Prog A&B' output terminals. You didn't actually say, and it would be unwise of us just to assume you did.

Your question is OK in principle, but we don't have the benefit of looking over your shoulder and watching what you are doing from start to finish. If you want a meaningful response you will need to paint a picture in words of exactly what you have done in the order you did it. For example; what exactly do you mean by "The simple method".

PS - Does the loco operate correctly in all respects on the main layout using the factory default 003 DCC address. It is wise to prove that a loco is functioning correctly first before trying to change any CV parameters. If it won't run on the default DCC address then it is unlikely to accept DCC configuration packet requests from the controller.

The loco is a class 20 it won't run on the Dcc layout but will run on the analogue track so I assume that it not programmed I tried to program it but it would not except it.  I removed the body to see the motor etc and the while the programing was taking place there was movement inside but after the process had completed there was no movement.So I changed the soundtraxx chip to a sapphire chip and went thought the same process without succes. I used the quick start and alternative programming modes.I have a separate DCC and Analogue track and the Programming was done a separate program track

Dominicdad,

I have hidden your re-quote of my previous post as you did not add any new text. There is no point in duplicating previous posts that are exactly word for word the same without anything new being added.

TIP: You will have better luck with your replies if you do not use the 'white arrow in the blue box' button. This is not a 'Reply to this post' button. It is better to write your reply in the 'Reply text box' at the bottom of the page, where it says [ Reply to "Elite Programming" ] and click the green 'Reply' button.

Archived