Sound Functions in RM

Guest Chrissaf

I have been told that it is possible to add up to 20 sound functions for my locomotive on the eLink. I have treid to do so but have been limited to 6. I am missing something?

By the way the loco I have been trying to add is a Graham Farrish "Nunney Castle" with up to 28 functions. Any help would be great.

Padbear

I think I know why.

Look at my first six F buttons on the first image. These are my 6 functions that I have ticked in the 'loco settings' function check box for inclusion on the small throttle.

F1, F2, F3, F5 & F10

If you take this into account then all the rest of the F buttons are all in numerical order except for F5 & F10 that are two of the six pre-selected. The order now all makes sense to me. In other words, the 6 functions that are selected by the 'check box tick' are given priority in the large throttle display as the functions that are most important to the user and placed on the large throttle as the first six buttons.

You could prove this theory by ticking the first six functions F0 to F5 as the 6 small throttle function button selection, then the large throttle would display the functions in complete numerical order.

You are referring to the 6 functions which are all that show on the small throttle. You can indeed access all functions from F0 to F24 (a total of 25 functions) using RailMaster and eLink, but only from the large throttle.

In the RM "Loco Settings" screen where all the 'Functions' are listed for configuration purposes. There is a 'check box' next to them with a note about how only 6 can be selected. This is a bit misleading. The 6 selected are the ones that you select for inclusion on the small throttle (right hand side vertical column of the main RM screen). All the listed Functions are available on the large throttle. 'Left Click' the middle top area of a 'small throttle' to open its 'large throttle' version. The 'sweet click spot' is where the blue circle is near the top of the image below (in some RM colour themes this blue circle icon may be a flat hand). Clicking this area on a large throttle will close it, reverting control back to the small throttle.

You will now see a larger throttle with 8 function buttons showing. If you 'left click AND HOLD' any button at random, you can now scroll (drag) the buttons up and down to see the rest. Alternatively, clicking the 'red spot' in the middle of the throttle at the bottom will open an even larger throttle to display 16 draggable function buttons.

/media/tinymce_upload/a61ebfc133e89843f02d1268087da1e3.JPG

The basic large throttle shows eight functions. Clicking the red spot in the middle of the bottom frame expands the throttle to sixteen functions....see below.

/media/tinymce_upload/39e4ff4ec33bc3d59ea46072650c634c.JPG

This view shows 4 rows of 4 functions (16 functions in total). There is no scroll bar, thus it is not obvious 'how to scroll' to see functions seventeen to twenty-five. To scroll the function buttons, you 'left click, hold & drag' a function button to reveal the other buttons.

Note: Even though there is no indicator showing. If you click the middle bottom frame where the red patch was on the first image, the expanded window will revert back to the collapsed window showing just the original eight functions. The red patch area is a 'sweet spot' toggle click point even though it is not marked as so.

/media/tinymce_upload/47db066e9c519cbae6624cf6d68b91ff.JPG

This third image shows function buttons thirteen to twenty-five, after I scrolled (dragged) it. As you can see ALL twenty-five function buttons are accessible even if they are not configured with a working function.

Note: That even though there is space on the throttle for function 26 (F25)  to function 28 (F27) they were not accessible with the version of RM this screen shot was taken from. It may be (if not already updated) that support for F25 to F27 may be added in a future RM update.

Note also: For a Sound to 'latch on' the text " on/off " must appear on the button label after the sound name. See Function 13 in last image above as an example.

Archived