Help needed with faulty car

RichJW

Hi,

Newby here, so I hope I've put this in the correct category/forum.

We have a Scalextric Continental Sports Cars C1319 set and really haven't used it that much, as it was a gift and we think our kids are just a little too young (and rough) for it.

Unfortunately, I've been proved right and after leaving my 5-year old boy playing with it, I came back to find him pushing the cars on the carpet. One still works, the other doesn't. I've replaced the braids, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any advice for me to try to get the car working again, please? The tyres look fine.

Thanks,

Rich

You will have to unscrew the body and inspect if the cables are still connected to the braids. Also make sure the motor is still in the mount and the axles are straight and spin freely.

You can use a 9volt battery to test to make sure the motor still works (touch the contacts to the spots where the cables are soldered to the motor) . If they have been holding the rear wheels in the air and revving the heck out of the motor it might have burned out...

good luck!

Thanks Andy P. and Blagard-01.

I'd taken the chassis off and all looks okay; cables still connected etc. Good idea about the battery test, I'll try that.

The metal behind the braids looked good and is in place, but will check again and reattach.

I'll set it up again tonight and try again.

Cheers all, great speed in response to my question.

Rich

Archived