elink Power Supply

Colonel Bill

I purchased my Elink and Railmaster package from an online retailer in  Australia around the end of November however it wasnt opened until a couple of days ago. It arrived fully sealed and upon opening I discovered that it had the wrong power supply.

Whilst it was an Australian plug it was a 19V 0.5A Hornby branded P9002W power supply. It doesnt even plug in to the elink as the plug sizes are different.

I have emailed both Hornby and the retailer it was purchased from but I expect at this time of year it might be a few days before I can expect a response.

Curious if anyone else has experienced similar.

Welcome

That is the power supply unit for the analogue controllers.

ELink can use either the 1amp or P9300 4 amp digital supply units. I dont know the part numbers with an Aus plug But you can use the UK versions with a plug adaptor.

Rob

Not only that, but the eLink & Elite are 15V DC input not 19V DC, so the higher voltage may stress or at worst case damage the internal controller circuit. Plus the 0.5mA output of the P9002 is hardly going to cover the standing idle current consumed when a number of DCC devices are attached, net alone running.

Archived