TTS Merchant Navy - Change loco Address

semplis

Help please.  I have R3382TTS Merchant Navy which works fine with default address 0003. I try to change address on programming track of Lenz LH100 system and get 'Error 02'. - Can't read decoder.  Also have a TTS fitted to another MN and get same result.  Any experience and/or solutions please?  On Lenz system you can't change address 'on the main'.

Thanks

Is the error from just reading the CV or does it come up after attempting to write the new address?

Can you read any other CVs? 

About all I can think of for now is just write the new address regardless. I had a similar problem with a Pendolino. Couldn't read anything but could write to a CV

From memory one of the 'alien' controllers needs a little time to 'put its ducks in a row' after doing programming stuff, so I would be tempted to go through the write new address sequence and wait a couple of minutes after it says its done before removing the loco as it may still be 'putting stuff in drawers - as it were'.

Also some controllers need to perform the write sequence several times before it sticks in the decoder.

Rob

Archived