HD 3 - rail to DCC

retroman

Hi

Yes it is feasisle to do. But I have to ask why?  

IMO and as its Hornby Doublo three rail, it should remain DC and never be converted.  It should be cherished as a bygone system and run as such, not converted to a modern DCC system of control.  

Goes off shaking head and weeping!  😮

Don't agree with you there, Eric........these are toys to be played with - not kept for their perceived value......nothing wrong with enhancing them with latest technology..........I have only one dublo 2-6-4T which is now DCC but it would only take 10 minutes to remove the decoder and rewire it.......I plan to get more and convert........so, Retroman, it's your layout do as you like and keep us informed........ 😀..........HB

Don't agree with you there, Eric........these are toys to be played with - not kept for their perceived value......nothing wrong with enhancing them with latest technology..........I have only one dublo 2-6-4T which is now DCC but it would only take 10 minutes to remove the decoder and rewire it.......I plan to get more and convert........so, Retroman, it's your layout do as you like and keep us informed........ 😀..........HB

Hi howbiman. I've had to change my nickname but this is retroman answering. I have a number of questions for you and maybe we can switch to regular email instead. If this is ok please post you emial address and I will write you there.  😎 Alan

alan3rail (retroman),

Posting of personal email address information is not permitted on this forum (for your own security and safety). Admin have given us guidance to hide any such posts the 'Com Mods' see on sight. If two forum members are both in agreement about exchanging personal emails, both parties have to arrange this via private email to the forum Administrator "forum@hornby.com". He (Adam) is the only person who has visibility of members mail addresses.

@alan3rail.........I am no expert so any questions you have regarding model railways are best aired here on the Forum to invite a variety of answers from those with more experience and which others may find useful........ 😀.........HB

Yes......but I would replace the word "must" with "should". However, in general, the majority follow the "must" version of the statement.

My knowledge of three rail Doublo is non-existent, therefore I am unsure of the practicabilities of making three rail permanently all live.

Archived