Led Headlight fault

1100RT

I have resurrected my sons  24 year old Classic track. Allcars and motorcycles run well. One car has a fault in that only one headlamp (right hand) works when running normally. The other only illuminates when I lift the rear of the car off the track and put full power into the car; any suggestions on where the fault might lie. All wiring connections appear to be sound. I am not very electronically minded but do have both digital and analogue multimeters. 

24 years ago would mean 1994... I'm pretty sure the headlights back then were incandescent light bulbs rather than LEDs. They did tend to blow quite easily, if my memory is correct.

Have a look inside the car and report back what you find. If it is a bulb, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement online. Or you could convert the circuit to use LEDs if you have some very basic electronic skills and knowledge - it would make a nice project to upgrade the old track & cars to the 21st century.

Good luck!

Thanks; my enqury was badly worded, track is 24 years old but several if the cars are later. The one in question Is a yellow Porche 962C. Definitely are LED bulbs front and rear. I caanot understand why one side only lights on maximum revs? 

LEDs are sensitive to volts and amps as far as brightness is concerned so maybe there is some corrosion causing extra electrical resistance so the LED is not getting as much power as it wants.

You can look for loose wires and corrosion. You can also try contact spray as well but be careful and make sure it is dry before applying power again.

Archived