Gaugemaster Controller (DCC01)

Guest Chrissaf

I have read through every line of the downloadable DCC01 manual, I can find absolutely no reference in it that suggests that it is even capable of adjusting the output voltage to the track.

In the DCC01 specifications it states: Output: DCC signal with 13.8 VA, for HO and N scales.

This would seem to indicate that the output track voltage is fixed at 13.8VA regardless of the scale of loco being controlled.

If you explained WHY you want to increase the track voltage, then we might be in a better position to offer advice. If your issue is that you have NO voltage on the track, then check to make sure that you have NOT connected your DCC01 'Programming Output' to the track by mistake. The DCC01 'Programming Output' has no power on it and cannot power a loco. You connect your track to the 'Track Output' of the DCC01 controller.

Hi All, I have a gaugemaster model DCC01 prodigy express controler can someone please tell me what buttons to press to increase the voltage going to the track ,

Thanks.

Hi

You can not alter the track/rail volts with any Gaugemaster DCC system - Prodigy Express or Prodigy Advanced2.  

I would try adjusting CV2 Start volts in the problem locos decoder. Increase the values number to say 5 to start off with, then test from that position and if need be decrease or increase the value in CV2 until correct starting is obtained.   The CV2 Value number entered if increased allows more voltage pulses to the motor to overcome any 'stiction' it might have. All this is assuming the loco been serviced and runs well - Clean wheel rims, rear of wheel pickup if fitted and lightly lubricated etc. Dont forget to clean the rail tops too!

Archived