elink info

jbcontrol

It's all explained on Pages 73 to 76 of the RailMaster user guide. But this assumes that you are using the Hornby R8247 Accessory Decoder (AD). You haven't told us what AD you want to program. If it is NOT a Hornby R8247 then the instructions in the manual pages I have specified are not applicable. Tell us what AD you have, and relevant instructions can be given.

However, that said, here are some edited highlights that assume a Hornby R8247 AD.

Firstly, the R8247 is programmed at the factory for the four ports to have addresses 1 to 4 with a 100ms pulse output to operate Solenoid point motors. So if you only have a single AD as your post infers, then you don't NEED to program it, you can use it out of the box as is.

If you do need to reprogram it for any reason, then you have to disconnect your R8247 from the main track output of the eLink and connect it to the 'Prog A&B' output of the eLink and then follow the instructions as given on Pages 73 to 76 of the manual.

However, I'm just thinking ahead here, as I suspect that your question may be poorly phrased and what you are really asking is "How do I configure my R8247 into RailMaster to operate my points?" this is something completely different to the question you have asked.

Assuming that my suspicions are correct. The answer to my alternative question in bold above is answered in this previous post (5th reply down on the page). Remember you have to create a 'Track Plan' first in RailMaster before you can assign R8247 ports to any points so that they can be operated. Creating a 'Track Plan' starts on Page 77 of the manual.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-decoder/?p=1

EDIT: IMPORTANT INFO PLEASE READ. Whenever a newbie mentions they are just starting out with eLink. Then my first reaction is to advise that they check their 'railmaster.ini' file to ensure the most appropriate eLink entries are in it. Many newbies just accept eLink communication issues as being the norm, because they have not been advised otherwise and know no different. So if you have any problems whatsoever regarding communication issues between your eLink and RailMaster, then check your .INI file. Even if you have not observed any issues, then it is still worthwhile carrying out this recommended .INI file check. You open the .INI file editor by clicking the bluish COG icon in the RM 'Help Screen'. Follow on screen prompts to open the editor. Assuming that you are using Windows 7, 8 or 10 then ensure that these two lines are at the very bottom of the file as the last two entries:

Alternative comms=1

Check controller=1

Type them in if missing, or delete them if existing higher up the file and retype them at the end of the file, then save the changes, close and re-open RM to ensure the changes take effect.

Archived