RailMaster 1.68

Guest Chrissaf

My daily RM version check shows that a new RM download is now available from the download link at the top of the RM forum. The file is 300K bigger than the file it replaces and reports in properties to be version 1.68

I know no more than that....

1.68 Release notes:

/media/tinymce_upload/0b07f4f1af8ea61a153d617b08e9a9df.jpg

Adam has been 'on the ball' and updated the download link description to show 1.68 already.

Maybe HRMS decided on a version update to invoke the auto-update process which wouldn't necessarily have been invoked with just a revision update. Given that there appears to be a significant number of new locos added (file size being 300K bigger).

Just as suspected and confirmed by Rob above, there are no bug fixes in this release. It utterly amazes me how HMRS are allowed to get away with selling product that is clearly not functioning as stated in the manual, especially when previous software versions worked almost perfectly. Surely this is becoming a case for Trading Standards?

I have just tried to upload the update but there seems to be a mjor problem with it .It says it cant find the file to rename code 183. With the options to abhort or ignore. Dont ignore abhort i cant get into railmaster as it stops when trying to load this file which I assume is railmaster.exe. I have tried to uninstall and start again but I cant get rid of railmaster .exe file. Any suggestions

I know but as I couldnt open RailMaster I coulnt deactivate it. I cant reinstall it because ther is a corrupt railmaster.ext programm in the railamaster directory. Which I am unable to remove with either  DOS or Mcfee shredding it. It would appear that it can only be removed by Hornby. It is a problem with this particular Dell computer as 1.68.0 has updated ok on my Windows 10 Laptop and the computer that actual runs the railway which uses XP.  The Dell is in my warm study and is used for train maintenance purposes not in the cold attic where the layout is! I have flagged it up with support.

Bill

Restart Windows in 'Safe Mode'. You should then be able to delete the file. How to start in 'Safe Mode' will depend upon the version of Windows on your Dell. Google "Starting Windows x in safe mode" where x = your version of Windows.

Follow up to last reply:

/media/tinymce_upload/a3776fab4c229c5c2410cf0fa1a2aad7.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/c5d7b89ee9cec5cb1ec03ec74b0837dc.jpg

Archived