Railmaster and TTS chips

I have installed a tts chip in a new basic loco which works well with my Elite controller with all the functions available. However when I try to use it on Railmaster I cannot programme the tts functions (castle class)  as the chip does not match the loco. How do I proceed?

Just type in or pull down the correct description into RM per the TTS leaflet not forgetting to put space on/off after those that are on- off functions like lights or fans or frying pans as opposed to play through once functions like horns or whistles.

I think what you are saying is that you have entered the Rnnnn number for the loco in RailMaster, but this quite rightly, doesn't list the TTS functions in RailMaster because the Rnnnn number you have used does not relate directly to a factory fitted TTS loco.

You have two options, firstly:

Don't use the normal Rnnnn number for your loco, but use the R8110 number instead which is the R number for the 'Castle Class' TTS decoder. If R8110 is in the RailMaster database, this will populate the function button list.

Or secondly:

If the R8110 TTS decoder is not yet programmed by Hornby HRMS into the RailMaster database, then you will have to enter all the function button information manually. Use the table below based upon the R8110 product page. I have abbreviated some of the function entries because there is a character limit of how many characters will be accepted for display, and added the on/off statements that Rob mentions in the post above. The on/off text is important, do not miss it off to save text space on the Function button.

F0           Lights on/off

F1           Sound on/off

F2           Whistle long

F3           Whistle short 1

F4           Whistle short 2

F5           Whistle two bursts

F6           Wheel slip

F7           Coal shovelling

F8           Blow down

F9           Safety valve

F10         Injector

F11         Cylinder cock

F12         Brake

F13         Blower

F14         Guard's whistle

F15         Coupler clank

F16         Breakfast on/off

F17         chuff vs coast

F18         Aux on/off

Either use the function button pull down box and choose a function button label that most closely resembles the ones in the list above. If none are a close match, then just overtype the button label with the text you want displayed.

Tick the check boxes of the SIX buttons that you want to be featured on the small throttle. All configured functions will appear on the large throttle. The large throttle Function buttons are scrollable to show F9 to F18.

PS - All the above performed in the RailMaster 'Loco Settings' screen.

PPS - The R8110 TTS decoder product page showed F0 for lights, but being a steamer, I would think that no lights are fitted to the model. So F0 could be left marked as 'not used' which is one of the pull down options on the Function button page. Similarly F18 Aux on/off, might not be wired to anything either.

If there are any errors in the Function list above i.e the sound referred to in the list above is not the one that plays, then just edit the button to represent the sound the button actually does play. As I said, I got the list from the TTS R8110 product page.

D.Colin

The 'White Arrow in Blue' button is NOT a 'Reply to this post' button. It is best to write your reply in the 'Reply Text Box' at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

The 'White Arrow in Blue' button is NOT a 'Reply to this post' button. It is best to write your reply in the 'Reply Text Box' at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

I think you ought to include that message in your forum signature with the number of times you include it in your replies. 😉

And a third method is available that Rob mentioned in very brief passing - click on the incorrect decoder type to bring up a list of decoders and select the correct TTS one.  Again this should then populate the correct list of functions for you, including the correct on/offs.  Saves all that pesky typing.

Archived