Cant download activation key

My PC recently corrupted an essential system file and despite repeated restore and reset attempts the only option was to recover it By reloading the OEM Windows Package.

Unfortunately I didnt get the chance to deactivate RM first so when I reloaded it and tried to input my code using the activate icon it said the code was already in use.

I used the built in form that popped up to request a code reset and within minutes this was confirmed by email. I went back to the activate screen and my previously input data was still there. I simply pressed go and immediately RM was back up and running fully authorised. 

Excellent service by HRMS, proving the activation and reset system works.

Rob

It's not clear from your post whether you are Installing RailMaster for the very first time. In which case see the comment below. Or whether you are transferring RM from an old PC to a new Win 10 one. If transferring RM, have you de-activated the key on the previous PC first. See Pages 131 / 132 of the RM manual. If you don't deactivate the key on the previous PC first, then activation on the new PC won't work.

If a new first time installation:

Activation errors is a very common issue that new RM installations experience. It is caused 99% of the time because the PC Anti-virus (mainly Norton or McAfee) is blocking the ability of RM to communicate over the Internet. Either that or the RM exception has not been added to the Windows (or AV) Firewall.

Go to the 'Sticky Posts' at the top of the RailMaster sub-forum. Where because this is such a common issue that there are pages of forum space devoted to this and other common issues. The 'Help Site' link that you will find there will give a lot of relevant guidance. The RM Installation also installs a 'Security.pdf' on your hard drive. Have you worked through this document and implemented the recommended AV & Firewall configurations in it.

Note: If you have Norton or McAfee anti-virus then note that these two products are particularly aggressive at blocking RM Internet communications and may be the crux of your activation problem.

Come back here and advise:

1. What brand of Anti-virus product you are using?
  2. Does your AV install it's own Firewall or are you using the inbuilt Windows one?
  3. If your AV does include it's own Firewall, do ensure that you are only using one Firewall, the Windows one or the AV one, but not both together.
  4. Is it a new RM installation OR a transfer to new PC?

Download - get a file or other package from a remote site on the internet onto your PC. I.e them to you.

Upload - send a local PC file or other package to someone or somewhere (e.g. another user or web server) by way of the internet I.e. you to them.

Just saying...

Rob

Archived