2 wire solenoid point operation

I have railmaster and elink and have changed to kato points.  I have been using dcc concepts ads 8fx which worked fine with hornby surace mount points. the kato points have 2 wires and dcc concepts do a dcd sdc 3 wire accessory decoder adaptor which simply wires into the decoder., on the instructions it states the default setting may not be enough and for kato points try upto .5 sec of power. I cant see how you do this if its the accesorry programme button they only list an ad 8fx which you cant read from and has no option to change timings

any help would be welcome

The ADS8fx and the 3 wire to 2 wire adapter are both DCC Concepts products, so one would assume that they are designed to work together as your second post seems to confirm. I also concur that the ADS8fx instructions give no documented option that suggests that pulse timing can be altered on the ADS8fx. Again this would logically infer that the default configurations are compatible. I think it would be wise to discuss your issue directly with DCC Concepts. If they concur that one of your ADS8fx decoders is indeed faulty, their no quibble lifetime warranty should result with them replacing it for you.

Archived