No elink instructions in accessory decoder box.

What Accessory Decoder is it?

Different brands of Accessory Decoder have differing configuration and operation criteria. I could assume it is a R8247, but you know what they say about 'assume'. So at this stage, I'm only going to give you a pointer in the right direction. If you want full 'step by step' instructions then you need to provide a clearer statement of your requirement of exactly what you are stuck on and exactly what Accessory Decoder your query relates to.

If it is a R8247. Then read pages 73 to 76 of the RailMaster (RM) manual.

However, if your question is NOT 'How do I program the Accessory Decoder' (i.e set the DCC Address of it) but is actually, 'How do I configure RM to operate my points using my Accessory Decoder', then that is a completely different question with a different answer. In which case you need to read pages 77 to 92 of the RM manual.

However that said, I do acknowledge that pages 77 to 92 of the manual are not an easy read and can be very confusing. Therefore this previous point configuration tutorial post will be easier to follow:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-decoder/?p=1

PS - At least you did ask the question in the correct sub-forum, so that's a good start. 😉

Assuming a Hornby R8247 accessory decoder.

With the acc decoder connected to the eLink programming track terminals, press the icon that looks like points and signal. A dialogue box will pop up with a picture so you know its the right one once you have picked R8247 from the drop down list.

Now enter the first address you want to use for your point e.g 1 and press the pencil icon to write all the addresses. RM will fill in the other addresses e.g. 2, 3 & 4.

Once this is complete you can check it is done correctly by pressing the green tick. Once it has read the decoder RM will fill in the boxes.

The port interval should default to 100mS which is correct for a solenoid point motor. If not enter number 1 in each box. Do not tick the lights on box when using solenoid motors or you will burn your motors out.

Once programming is complete reconnect the R8247 to your main track and point motors.

Edit - Chris types faster than me.

Rob

Archie, Rob's post basically paraphrases pages 73 to 76 of the RM manual.

So assuming a R8247 use Rob's post if you want to configure the DCC addresses of the Accessory Decoder ports.

And use the link to my other tutorial post if you want to set up RM to use your Accessory Decoder to operate your points.

As I said before, these are two completely different tasks, but both need to be done to get a working solution.

Are you saying that everything is sorted and it is all working as it should. Or are you saying that you are now happy that you have the appropriate information but are yet to implement it.

• 1 month later...

Archived