railmaster and elite

hi guys i have just installed my copy of railmaster and activated it i do not have my track built yet but what do i actually need apart from elite and railmaster
do you use the usb cable or do i need to get a cable for expressnet
i have loads to

do on my layout before i actually get around to using railmaster as have not got bus wiring or any points motors fixed yet

cheers for any info

Hi Cruiser
From a laptop to the Elite you will need a USB cable (the same type used in most modern printers (one squarish end for the Elite) and nothing more. All instructions will be sent from the laptop or PC to the Elite and from there via your normal

connection to power the track to your track accessories and locos etc. In effect the computer and RailMaster removes the need to interact with the Elite but it is obviously still connected as the computer controls the Elite via the software.
Your question

is a little vague and we need more detail to see what you are actually wanting us to tell you. Hopefully the above will help a little. If you need more just ask away :)

thanks for the answers that was what a was looking for,
my track is already built in the shed but have not attempted using railmaster yet have only installed and activated it as i still have a lot to do before i get around to using railmaster

a

take it the express port is for adding the select to the elite? though not sure if that will be required using railmaster

cheers for the reply though very appreciated

Hi Cruiser,

The Expressnet port is for adding a Select controller as a 'Walkabout' controller. The theory being that you can use the Select as an additional controller to the Elite if you need to be in a remote part of your layout shed and can't

access the Elite. Remember that Railmaster does not work via the Select controller, so it is a 'standalone' controller.

Cheers,
Codge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the evaluation version of Railmaster as given free with a certain mag.
don't know if I'll upgrade to full version yet,but it did have some influence in my recent purchase of the Elite.
I would certainly reccomend dowloading this if you can.
the

main point of this reply is thatif you have a laptop and do not neccesarily need a walkabout then Railmaster could be an option for second controller (4 digit address)as
the Elite will still work as normal with Railmaster connected

hi guys think about this not really a walkabout but maybe cheaper than select which is still tethered, using a laptop i have layout on one screen and throttles on another monitor plugged in the laptop. been running like that for a while now, the layout

is over 20 feet and i wanted some control at the other end, i have injection points on the bus for the elite at both ends but who wants to move it all from one end to the other. so when a friend gave me a flatscreen
monitor i put that at the other end

got a 10 meter monitor lead and splitter cable and now have the track plan both ends, add a wireless mouse and there we have it. control at both ends,
you can have two operators if you dont mind having the curser robbed now and again

Archived