Hornby R3504TTS 08 shunter

Cant find R3504TTS DB shunter in the railmaster list, I bought the disc and paid £29.99 for the upgrade and bought the loco it's been out for a while now, updated Railmaster to 1.69 still not there??. 

Well all I can say it is in my copy of RailMaster 1.69

Note that it is listed as R3504T and NOT R3504TTS. When searching the Hornby database for TTS locos it is best NOT to include the last two TS characters. This is a case in point, where in Hornby searching 'less is more'. Many of the TTS locos are listed in the Hornby database with a generic T.

Hornby adopt a certain coding structure for modern locos:

Rnnnn = DC or DCC Ready loco.

RnnnnX = DCC loco factory fitted with a non sound decoder.

RnnnnXS = DCC loco factory fitted with a Loksound sound decoder.

RnnnnT = DCC loco factory fitted with a TTS decoder (sometimes listed as RnnnnTTS but not always).

I'm fairly certain (about 90%) that the R3504T was also in my 1.68 Hornby database prior to the 1.69 RM release. The reason I can say this, is that I recall this question being raised before when this loco was first released.

PS - ProPack at £29.99 has absolutely no impact of what locos may or may not be included in the Hornby database. Any loco can be added to RM, only two of my locos are in the database, all my others (non Hornby) were added to RM manually. The database is just a convenient time saver that includes Hornby locos that have been profiled for 'true scale speed'.

Ok chrissaf, found it I kept putting TTS in the search. Other problem is I have Hornby class 67 EWS running number 67024, just bought the Hornby TTS sound chip for it, it,s R3349 but on a search it finds another class 67, not a big problem but it would be nice to see the running number in the big throttle picture of the loco.

Have a look in the locos folder in RM and see if its in there under another number, if not find and save a picture of it say from the product page, then import that into Rm using the resize procedure in the famous manual.

Rob

That's not a problem either. It really isn't rocket science to modify the locos displayed in RM.

EDIT: PS.....as Rob says above. It's all in the RM manual if you take the time to read it. See pages 43 & 44

Right click the image below (screen captured from the Hornby Shop Product page for R3349 and cropped to size) and choose 'Save Image As' or words similar to that depending upon what browser you are using. I originally called the file "R3349_EWS.jpg" and I suggest you keep the same file name. Note that the forum software changes the file name I used to a long text string, but it is easy enough to rename back to my suggestion as part of the 'Save As' procedure. Save the file to your RailMaster program locos folder.

Usually

C:Program FilesRailMasterLocos on 32-bit Windows systems.

or

C:Program Files (x86)RailMasterLocos on 64-bit Windows systems

/media/tinymce_upload/b1032da16395dda5944c33879c04c9af.jpg

Now in the 'Loco Settings' screen in RM call up your loco so that it populates your version of the screen capture shown below. Use the Magnifying glass icon (see below) to navigate to the saved image file. Follow the on-screen prompts about re-sizing the image. This will overwrite any image currently showing and put the above image as the one displayed in your loco roster. Save the edit and close the screen below. Just before saving the edit, recheck all the other field values to ensure that they have not been changed. I have found using this procedure, that sometimes other fields have been modified without my consent or knowledge and I have had to revert them back to their previous values before doing the final edit save.

/media/tinymce_upload/ecbc0ba97a7566c99d9d23407eadfeee.jpg

Archived