Making point work with signals

! have Railmaster Pro with my Eite controller and R8247 accessories units.   I have designed and built my own colour light signals including ground signals (using a 3D printer) and using Hornby surface mounted point motors they work well individually. What I would like to do now is to jion the units together so that the lights control the points (or visa versa)I have been told that this is possible, but have not yet found anything to explain in simple english (or with pictures) how to do this?

Please can some kind sole help!

Many thanks

Skyc, may I suggest you increase your knowledge from complete ignorance to controlled ignorance by reading the Other Point/Signal topics between pages 82-91 in the manual then coming back here to clarify anything you still don‘t understand.

In reading, you should note a syntax issue discussed here extensively that in the OTHER POINT/SIGNAL box in the point and signal setup windows, Point or Signal must be followed by a colon. 

Hi Skyc,

I think this may be what you are looking for....

/media/tinymce_upload/615f7ff6c65867106f41485f4c63398d.png

The point (1) configuration at the top shows how it can be made to switch the signals (2 & 3) appropriately, and likewise the two signal configurations show how to change the point. I've also configured each signal to change each other, if this is what you need.

Ray

Right click the image and subject to what browser you use, there should be either a 'view image' or 'save image as' option. In my browser (Firefox), 'view image' opens the image in a tab of its own as a full screen display that you can zoom in and out off. If you use 'save image as', then you can save the image as a file that you can then open with whatever photo or image software you have on your device (PC?).

/media/tinymce_upload/e4b7ca40b554b0f4aa44045734c55cc0.jpg

Great response Ray.  I'm tempted to get the odd signal myself!

I don't operate points from signals or vice versa, mainly because, as you know, I do all my operating by programs, and when a point or signal is switched in a program, any other point/signal operations for that item are not actioned. But also, even when operating "manually" using the RM screen, it isn't realistic. In the example I gave, if signal 2 is switched to green and point 1, therefore, to the right, then when a train passes the signal moving south to north, on a real railway the track circuiting would kick in and change the signal to red as soon as the loco has passed it. If the user were to do the same by clicking the signal icon to red just as the loco passes, the chances are the point would change to the wrong direction just as the train is going over it .....

Ray

Very odd signal behavior indeed Ray.  But then the operator can wait until the entire train passes before chnging the signal, even if this isn’t prototypical. More of a challenge if automating with LD or BD though. 

Archived