Elite version display

37lover

I understand the latest Elite firmware is version 1.44. On start up my Elite cycles through "Hornby", Hornby Standard" but then shows "Hornby DCC 1.4f" rather than "Hornby DCC 1.44". I have checked several times. Is this a fault or what?

I am using it in conjunction with RM; I've just brought the computer into the house - where I have an internet connection - to upgrade RM. That appears to have been successful.

It is only the eLink that gets its firmware via RM. The Elite being a stand-alone controller has to be firmware updated manually. You don't even need to have RM on your PC to update the Elite (but it helps.....because the Elite Windows driver will already be installed).

This post describes the Elite update process:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/updating-firmware-on-the-elite

You can check the integrity of the Elite display and the characters shown at each button press or knob click and twist by starting the Elite up as follows.

Hold Loco button as you power it up until Hornby appears on screen then release. The unit will carry out a self check, paint every screen character then report EE Pass or Fail. You can then press each button or knob, twiddle the speed, etc to check for a response.

Power the Elite down and up again to recover the unit back to normal start state.

I have often seen corrupt characters on screen where an artifact is left upon overwrite leaving one to think a different character is displayed. You are probably seeing v1.41 with an artifact attached. As stated try the update and see if that clears the problem.

Rob

Archived