Class 66 TTS no power or pickup... any help?

Augustus Caesar

Anyone able to help me out with a problem I have a class 66 that won't run or pick up the power from the track its tts fitted with 8pin decoder it suddenly stopped running and Select shows OL so I disconnected the select and plugged bk it shows the same again so I pop on my tornado on the track it ran fine on the select controller so I pop on the grey DC controller and the light comes on but nothing happens with the class 66 won't move or do anything 

There isn't a great deal of information there, Craig.

You have told us the Tornado works, but the 66 doesn't. So the problem is the 66. It could be one of many things, so start at the beginning.

How old is the loco? If it is fairly new, take it back to where you bought it.

As a new poster, you are limited to (I think) two posts, so don't waste your second one.

If the loco is second hand (E-bay, etc) tell us what you were doing when it stopped working, do the lights still come on, does it make any sounds, did it smoke or get hot, anything and everything that happened will help us to deduct what happened.

I bought it brand new from a model store was running it with the tts chip stopped all of a sudden no it doesn't have a working set of lights as Hornby doesn't fit working lights to their class 66 that's Bachmann doesn't make a sound at all not even a hum suspect it could be a loose wire inside the motor unfortunately I don't have a soldering iron 

Archived