Payment not taken!

Bulleidboy

I just wondered whether anyone else has had this problem. I have just had an email to say that payment could not be taken for the new Maunsell Kitchen car. 

This has happened on my last two orders - my card details are correct and after an email from me to Hornby Customercare saying try again, it usually works. My card still has two years to run.  It is not a serious problem, but if I were away and not able to respond, the order would be cancelled, and as we know I might not get model if it were for example a Limited Edition.

I get this problem quite often myself, and have to revisit the website and re-enter my card details, even if it  is precisely the same as I originally entered when I placed the pre-order,  it is quite annoying.

Although not railway - I had a similar problem. I was trying to renew the road tax on my car, I had the paper with the code, etc. logged in, filled in the 'fields', clicked 'pay' and got told that the payment had not been taken because the programme had timed out due to inactivity.

I tried a dozen times, over the weekend, and got the same result every time, so I bit the bullet and phoned up. Done.

I've never had this problem before, so perhaps it is some gltch in the system due to this 'new' personal data security thing that is all the rage right now.

Archived