TTS FITTED LOCO STALLS ON INITIAL MOVEMENT

peter _murray

I have two class 66 locks fitted with TTS. I am using an elink control system. When the sound green button is activated the loco goes through its start up sound sequence well. The loco will respond to other command (horn, compressor etc.) However, when given a command to move it will go through the correct sound sequence including brake release then as it starts to move it will stall. The sound stops then goes through the start up sequence again. With perseverance I can get them running and they run just fine, following all commands as directed. I have not altered any CV values other than 29 to remove DCC running, the remaining cv are default values. Any suggestions as to a cure would be helpful.

As Rog indicated. These are classic dirty track / dirty wheels symptoms. Even a layer of dust will affect DCC control. DCC is far less forgiving than analogue DC. Don't forget to clean the back of the wheels, where the pickup wipers rub against. Do not use abrasives for cleaning, except ones purposely designed and marketed for model railway use.

Archived