help upgrading to dcc

MR.C

hi i,ve got my track all nailed down to a board. i am looking to upgrade to dcc the only part of track that is not naild down is the outer track. now can i place it on the outer track to power it if so witch dcc control should i get. my track design has

3 loops with 3 sidngs in the middle and two sidings on the outer track. i will be running three trains at once on it and like couple of waiting in the sidings. many thanks.

You can get any of the 'Digital Train Set' bundles. That way you get a train set, spare track (oval + track pack A)and the select controller.

The cheapest of the bundles is the 'somerset belle' set at £138. So that would be possibly better than

paying £100 just for the select controller but its your choice.

The select can run 3 locomotives at the same time but if you wanted to run between 5-10, simultaneously, you would need to also get the 4 amp transformer (but I dont know the product code

for this).

The elite comes with a 4 amp transformer so can potentially run 10 locomotives at the same time.

If you intend to use rail master and or change CV's then go for the elite controller.

If not the select with the 4 amp transformer

should be adequate.

There are quite a number of new Elites on ebay. I picked one up for £125, brand new box unopened. It is much better than the Select which I had before, [strangely from the Somerset Belle mentioned above] and a lot less than shops at £199. I bought the

Belle for the very same reason of expense but ended up wanting to have more control over the train set ups. It is OK though as the Select gives me another controller if my little one has friends round, as it connects to the Elite as an add on.

It would

seem best to take into consideration where you are going to want to end up with your layouts.

Regards Julian

Archived