zimo

baz47

right, I have a hornby 700 black No 695 with a zimo sound decoder, all sounds working no problems but all sounds are very quiet, so i was wondering how to increase all the volumes  I am using hornby elite with 2 selects as slaves, using the elite could somebody run through the procedure step by step to increase all volumes generally, I don't want to blast out but you can only hear if nothing else is running, I understand cv 266 is the generic volume control, I have not attempted anything yet, thought I would check first.   Thank you  

Baz, you say you understand volume is CV266.  Can we take it you have confirmed this in your Zimo manual?  It will also tell you the default volume and the range  

Volume is best adjusted on the main track rather than the programming track so you can hear the results immediately. So in the Elite manual, look up how to adjust CVs on the main and follow what it tells you.

Also note that even if you would normally control the loco via one of your Select Walkabouts, you can only adjust most CVs with the Elite. 

Adjusting Zimo CV266 has been discussed before. See this previous thread:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/zimo-cv-266/

Note that since the thread above was first published, RailMaster has been updated to access CVs up to 1024. What I can't remember is whether the increased CV range has also been updated in the current Elite 1.44 firmware. But I think not.

Although the original poster in the thread above was unable to adjust CV266, the official Zimo process that is supposed to work is still documented in the above thread and uses an off-set register CV to pseudo address CVs above 255.

Sequence of Operations for programming on the main...

With your loco on the layout track...

Press MENU button

Loco on screen

Press any speed knob to accept

Twist speed knob to see Operate on screen

Press knob to accept

Twist knob to loco address being programmed or type in the number

Press knob to accept

Config on screen

Twist knob to CV

Press knob to accept

CV Write on screen

Press knob to accept

CV W 0001 on screen

Twist knob to required CV number or type in

Press knob to accept. 

(note CV numbers up to 1024 are supported)

255 on screen

Twist knob to required CV value or type in number

Press knob to accept.

CV on screen

If your volume is not at the required level

Press knob again (CV Write on screen) and repeat as above from that point

Once happy with settings press ESCAPE button repeatedly or press MENU button to drop out of programming.

Rob

Archived