Understanding ARC PRO software

braxton

I recently purchased the Scalextric ARC PRO Platinum set. I'm using an Apple IPAD as my smart device and have downloaded the Scalextric app. Neither the set nor the app has detailed explanations about how to go about setting your races up. The set came with a multi-lingual "Quick Start" booklet which just gets you started. I have all kinds of questions starting with how to properly ID and calibrate my cars to why when I do a 2-car race, the software only records the laps of one car. My question is: Is there any printed material that explains the details about how to use the software in order to run the races?

Hi Braxton. No, there is no printed guide to the software, yet...

The Quick Start guide does explain pretty well how to connect the controllers to the powerbase and how to connect digital cars to the various colours on the powerbase. The calibration (lowest speed calibration) is explained too. Keep the guide handy and practice does make perfect.

One thing that has been a problem for a lot of people is after connecting a car and controller to a colour (for example, green), that car must also be matched with the same colour car/driver in the race set-up. The colour in the app is shown by the colour to the left hand side of that car/driver icon. That makes it a three-stage connection, although only the first two stages are explained in the Quick Start Guide:

1) Connect controller to colour on powerbase

2) Connect (ID) digital car to colour on powerbase

3) Link driver/car to colour in the ARC App race set-up

If you were to connect (ID) your two cars to green and blue, but choose green and red in the app (that's the default), only the green car will count laps. The blue car will work with the blue controller, but the app won't recognise it. In a two-car race, it is always best to ID to red and green as those are the default colours in the app for a two-car race. It's possible to use other colours, but I would stick with green and red until you have mastered the software.

Do ask more questions here, but make sure you use the Quick Start Guide (it is good for what it explains) and have some fun exploring the various options within the app. Don't turn on everything at once, but learn one feature at a time. The ARC Pro page on this website might help with listing the features available in the app: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc/arc-pro.html

Archived