My Class 43 TTS loses control after a few minutes.

Guest Chrissaf

Hi all. I have a strange question. My class 43, fitted with TTS sound works fine-at the start. But after a few mins, I loose control of the train. Ie it carries on at the last setting. Does not respmind to any command to speed up or slow down. The only way I can stop is it use the emergency stop. I’m using a Hornby Elete controller. Any ideas? 

BTW, it works fine with all my other DCC TTS locos

I would try removing the decoder and replacing it with another one, possibly from another of your locos.  If the fault disappears then it is most likely to be the decoder at fault.  Substitution is one of the best ways to localise faults with digital systems.

I would try removing the decoder and replacing it with another one, possibly from another of your locos.  If the fault disappears then it is most likely to be the decoder at fault.  Substitution is one of the best ways to localise faults with digital systems.

Thanks. Done that. Well got a replacement from the shop. Even more bizarre, with sound turned off it’s fine. As soon as the sound is selected it freezes. Just carries on with the same engine nose and completely unresponsive to any control inputs

This first suggestion may sound silly but it isn't.

Turn the loco round so that it is facing the other way on the track. Does it still show the same problem or has it gone away. If its fixed then oddly it needs to go to Hornby to have the decoder firmware reprogrammed - contact HCC Using the number at the bottom of the page.

Secondly how is your Elite connected to your track, soldered wires or a power track or a track clip. If either of the latter then pop the top open (for the power track its between the rails, the clip just pings open with a screwdriver) and see if there is a capacitor inside, there shouldn’t be.

Rob

Archived