Reverse loop isolating track

PhilipB

I am just designing a third loop to my layout but i want to make it a reverse loop. Due to the constraints of my layout size, the loop will be very tight (all second radius curve), I will not have the space to include a second straight on the loop itself.

I

can only spot straight sections of Hornby isolating track for sale (R817??). Do Hornby (or a another compatiible manufacturer) produce a 2nd radius isolating curve or can I easily adapt a standard 2nd radius curve to become isolating?
Thanks for your help

[reply]poliss said:
Thanks Poliss for your incredibly fast response. I have quickly checked out the link and that seems to anser my questions - but I have one further point I need confirming. The site states that the length of track between the two

isolationg sections must be at least the length of the train- I assume here he means only the loco (plus tender) but doesn't include all the carrriages/wagons. Am i right?

Thanks for pointing out the carriage lights. I have a Venice Simplon Orient Expres and the the 3 carriages include lighting so that means I can't fit all the train between the 2 sections if I put both isolating track on the straight side so I must, unfortunatlely

look at totally redesigning the reverse loop curve to include a straight near the points.
Back to the drawing board...!!!

Thanks as always for your help

Archived