pendolino couplings

paul.b

Hi 

I have searched the internet for these penolino couplings x9703 they are like hens teeth to find is there an alternative coupling i can use the one i need is the male coupling from the coach to the dummy car here is a pic of the one i need

/media/tinymce_upload/b816a3ea2022cb9c58451ad6f2ab6222.jpg

Hi Paul, I THINK that's the one I found who did reply, simply with 'out of stock, not to be replaced, sorry'.

I HOPE you're lucky and have found something, but often some people don't fully update / refresh their sites.

Frustrating I know. Hornby should have supported this item more than they have. It's a popular model.

Perhaps others know of a popular conversion to something proprietary, available now?

Al.

Now that Winter's here, almost, and we've already had a first cold snap, it might be time to remember those distant convincts, sorry relatives in Australia, perhaps ....   😆

Just a thought ... or more seriously, perhaps there's somebody you know who does live there, or may be visiting.

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AI

The only difference i can see is it is about 2-3 mm shorter but thats it, I ran the pendolino round my layout through every point in both directions ( used a track cleaning program i have for my track cleaner) so it covered every bit of my layout and no faults....that was at about 40mph scale speed then i ran it at 100mph round my loops through crossings and all fine

paul..

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever make any further progress with this?  I have made a functional if not authentic coupler out of a bent paperclip.  It hangs across the two black plastic bars at the bottom of the end units of the two carriages.  It is bent in a way that prevents it slipping off or jumping out of position,while retaining freedom of movement, and also does not touch the rails.  It can be lubricated if needed and/orpainted black if the owner chooses to do that.  Here is a picture.

/uk-en/forum/pendolino-couplings-24854/100_3691.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3e75da5f3dea62422decd35619d4008f.jpg

Hi 

I have searched the internet for these penolino couplings x9703 they are like hens teeth to find is there an alternative coupling i can use the one i need is the male coupling from the coach to the dummy car here is a pic of the one i need

/media/tinymce_upload/b816a3ea2022cb9c58451ad6f2ab6222.jpg

Did anyone ever make any progress with this?  I made a functional if not authentic device that is placed between the plastic bars on the ends of the two carriages, by cutting a paper clip and bending it in a way that prevents it jumping off or hitting the rails, but retains much needed movement.  It can be lubricated if needed or painted black if desired.  It is exactly the length needed.  And it works!  Here is a picture.

/media/tinymce_upload/b6fef175eb325f76dda5c30d7a4ad43b.jpg

• 1 month later...