Address Problem

colin142

After I had fitted a Hornby DDC decoder into the tender of a Hornby Drummond class 700, I programed it with my Elite controller. When I tried to run the loco on the main track the Elite showed a short. I found that the decoder was shorting, as the room in the tender was limited even after I had insulated it. After a bid of juggling around I managed to fix the problem. When I tried to run the loco again it showed a fault so I tried to re-program the decoder with no luck, but when I programmed it with a different address it worked and has been fine.Now if I try to program another decoder now using the original address that was given to the Class 700 it comes up with an error, but I can use other addresses with no problems. Any ideas?

I would reset the Elite via the Menu button > Unit > Reset first, then try that address again. If its still flaky then reset the decoder (write value 8 to CV 8).

There has been some odd stuff noted by folk when an address is divisible by a certain number (4 or 5 ??) it plays up.

Absolutely no reason why it should happen.

Rob

Archived