Black Friday Scalextric deals

woodcote

I don’t know what other people have spotted, but there are a few good deals out there if you are looking for something specific. There are also the usual very lame ‘reductions‘ on sets you can find cheaper elsewhere...

There are a couple of standard entry-level sets on Amazon UK that have a Lightning GT and LMP car. One is the Gulf Racing set for £54 and the smaller Endurance Racing set for £37 (not in the official Black Friday deals). Those are very good prices for a first set for those on a very tight budget.

Jadlams have a few good deals, including the awesome ARC Pro Platinum GT digital set for £430 and pairs of digital cars for £60 or £70 (£30 or £35 each). Wonderland Models have the fab ARC Air Le Mans Porsche set for £199. It’s the same price at Gaugemasters. A good price for a great set.

If you need a compatible tablet for your ARC set-up, Amazon are discounting their Fire devices - the Fire 7 for £29.99, Fire 8HD for £49.99 and the Fire 10HD for £99.99. I use the Fire 7 with ARC and it works great - £30 is a real bargain. I hear the new Fire 8HD only works with the older Legacy app (still available on the Amazon AppStore), so be aware of that. The ARC app development team are working on the new app, so hopefully that will be fixed soon.

What Scalextric deals have you seen?

• 2 years later...