Great Startup Guide

debe45

Derek,

Just curious, but I'm sure others are just as much in the dark as me and just haven't asked.

But what 'Start-up' guide are you referring to?

So did I......but I hate to assume.

Then there is the question of which one......the local within sticky guide OR the external 'Help Site' starting up guide. It would be useful to know which guide Derek found the MOST helpful as I am sure that AC would like the feedback, if Derek preferred the other one.

Yes, but which of the TWO guides did you assume? that's the point I'm trying to make. Remember, I'm a details man, I can't stand ambiguities....its my tendency to OCD kicking in.

RailMaster: Setting Up and Getting Started

Sorry about the confusion. I was referring to the guide at the top of the page called as above.

I did not buy an Elite, and don't want the expense, but did by an Elink from Hatton and a £5 CD.  The CD I bought a few years ago, the Elink last week.  I hate reading manuals except for specific tasks and found the manual provided too bulky, and with no knowledge of what was needed to get started a little overawed.  But the couple of pages mentioned about did the trick.  I had some fun a was pleased when my engines moved.  Now I might read more of the manual.

I thought I had mentioned an Elink thingee but some how "it missed the post"

Next post I will try not to be confusing.

regards

Derek

I’m glad to see that guide which I played a part in putting together is still helping people. 

I would say say though it is now rather old and, while still correct, it could do with an upgrade to include reference to later RM features and known deficiencies, particularly ini file entries which Chris covers extensively in posts for new users. 

Archived