Cvs

Johnboy99

Morning All , I have a dapol class 52 active drive with sound but the station ambiance is ver low do I alter it on the program track or the main track the cv setting I mean  it is F15 cv 556' thanks also I have brought a new Hornby flying Scotsman with sound fitted from hornby store but it has in the box a spare axel with two wheeles attached to it please what is this for a front bogie, Thanks.

The answer to your 'what track do I modify CV556 on' will depend upon what controller you are using, and you haven't said.

• If you have RailMaster & eLink then you can ONLY do it on a 'Prog' track.
  • If you have an Elite then you can do it on either the 'Prog' track output (direct mode) or on the 'Track' output using 'Operate Mode' - read the Elite manual for how to use 'Operate Mode' sometimes referred to as POM (Programming On Main).
  • If you have a Select, then you can't adjust this CV at all.

With regard the spare axle with two wheels. The most likely answer (can't be 100% sure because you haven't stated the model R number) is that they are used to replace the flangeless wheels that are located under the cab when the model is not going to be run on a layout but displayed statically in a cabinet instead. If you fit these spare (flanged) wheels on the loco to use on your track, then the flanges will catch the rails on curves & points and the loco WILL derail.

EDIT: Looking at your posting history. I see that you may have a Prodigy controller. This controller supports POM (see POM comment in Elite bullet point above). Read the Prodigy manual for how to use POM.

Archived