Large multi car track

White wolf hudds

Hi everybody I’m a newbie on the site so please be gentle, I have bought a load of digital track to makea large track that if possible to run 6 cars on. I bought the arc pro thinking this looks great. My problem is when I put the track together the power base says there’s a problem If I run a car around the track with only the left side plugged into another piece of track  the cars run but as soon as I put in the right side the cars stop. 

At present I have 2 corner cross overs and one lane changer . do I need 2 lane changers ? I’m looking at getting another one , but can I run on one ? I’ve chipped the cars , cleaned the track etc and followed the trouble shooting advice but I’m stuck and getting frustrated. So any help would be appreciated many thanks 

Welcome to the forum! Can you let us know what digital lane changer you are using? As Andy said, the older curved digital lane changers are not compatible with ARC Pro without modification. Adding another will not solve the issue. The straight lane changers (know as XLCs) should work fine. As should digital pit lanes - so long as they always add an extra lane, rather than merge the two main lanes.

To check what component is causing the problem, can you set up a small oval track with no crossovers or lane changers. If both lanes work okay in this simple configuration, the powerbase is fine. Add in more track pieces one-by-one (the crossovers in pairs) and when you get that error message, the last piece added is the problem.

Are you using any power booster cables (power taps)?

Archived