Hornby decoders on Bachmann Dynamis System

Aussie Jon

I recently purchased four Hornby decoders (3 x R8249 and 1 x R1809)) to install in  Hornby DCC ready locos. I'm new to DCC and was given a Bachmann Dynamis System as a 70th Birthday Present. I can't seem to program them. Is it me or are the Hornby decoders incompatable with the Bachmann system?

There has been a lot of forum traffic about the Dynamis not working with all sorts of decoders not just Hornby. Try typing Dynamis into each forum‘s search facility as there are too many hits to list here. I believe it is also limited to operating 20 functions which will prevent full use of the TTS decoder sounds.

The R8249 decoder is NMRA warranted and should not be any problem.  I presume the other one is an R8109 TTS retro fit decoder and there is plenty of forum traffic about TTS decoders versus other make controlllers, in fact RMWeb forum has gone to the bother of pinning  a group topic of all TTS hits into a single post at the top of the DCC Sound forum.

Rob

Hi Jon 

I use a dynamis system I also have about 20 locos fitted with tts decoder 

Apart from 2 I have never had a problem 

These were sent back to hornby and returned working ok even before tts I used it with all makes of decoder never had one that didn't work 

Regards john

Archived