Help with reverse loop

PhilipB

Hi
If your Modules Input wires when touched cause the Select to trip then that part of the circuit is correct.

To please an old chap can you carry out the following test....
As shown in you video the loco stops when entering the loop in the

straight ahead direction. Swap around the two wires on the track power clip thats on the loop rails then do the same loco movement again. Does the loco now go around the loop?
If not, I feel the module is faulty Or there is a fault in the wires to the loops

rails from the module.

Hi Flashbang - I have just tried to reverse the 2 wires in the isolated stretch power clip and there is no change - the loco steadfastly refuses to proceed beyond the isolating track. I really am now at a loss. Can i get the module tested? I bought it

brand new online so I am not sure I can easily send it back. Will a Hornby stockist check it for me (for a small consideration)?

Hi
One more thing to check and prove is ....
Remove and temporarily insulate the two wires that are fitted into the loops power connecting clip. Then insert two wire links, one each side, on the isolating track section on the straight ahead route

only. Then test run the loco into the loop from the point set straight. If all is correct the loco should run from the main line into and around the loops rails. BUT DO NOT ALLOW IT TO FULLY REACH OR PASS OVER THE EXITS ISOLATION GAP. As this would cause a

short circuit!
If this works then the one of the following is incorrect.. The reverse module is defective. The wires from its output to the loops power clip are defective / incorrectly connected! Or the power clip on the loops rails is itself is not connected

correctly to the rails!

Just a quick update for everyone following this saga, I am happy to report that the problem is now solved. An electrician friend came across with all his circuit measuring equipment and we established that one of the minipins was not connected to its wire

on the isolated track side. We replaced the minipin and now everything works fine.
I am only surprised that this fault, on a brand new piece of kit, got past quality control. Once again a big thank you to Poliss, Flashbang and RogerRJ for holding my hand

through this and helping me keep my sanity

Archived