Car Handling

Slumdog

Just thought I would post this update with regard to my thoughts on the different car configurations.

So I just bought a Mercedes AMG GT3 to go with my Aston Martin Vantage GT3 and Ford GT40 GTE, so have now had chance to compare the 3 different motor configurations, standard inline, sidewinder and the inline FF motor in the Ford.

All the cars are stock bar truing up the tyres.

In terms of handling the Mercedes is right on par with the Aston, in fact my fastest lap with both cars was exactly the same even down to the 100th of a second with the Ford a little slower on my track. I still think the Ford could be the fastest on a less twisty track with longer straights, my track is in a 9' by 5' space.

In terms of smoothness, the Mercedes is the smoothest car to drive followed by the Ford then the Aston, this could be down to the inline configuration rather than the sidewinder. 

So far the Mercedes is my favourite of the 3, the Aston second on the current track layout and the Ford 3rd.

Next up will probably be the BMW Z4 GT3, it has the inline standard motor which I am favouring at the moment but I believe it is a little lighter and shorter than the Mercedes so will be interesting to see how they compare on a twisty track. Also plan to add a Porsche 911 RSR and the new McLaren F1 GTR to the collection at some stage in the not too distant future.

I am using Arc Pro, will try and post a pic of my layout but at the moment its basically a slightly longer version of the Jadlam SL5 layout with the pit lane along the entire length of the main straight.

I found making the pit lane as long as possible makes pit stops easier plus means more than one car can stop at a time.  

Archived