Scalextric 1968 James Bond set

RJH123

Hello all,

I am absolutely new to the whole concept of Scalextric and to forums so please forgive me!

I have been trying to restore my Mums original James Bond 1968 Scalextric race set. We lost the power adapter and one car over the years. I recently purchased a power adapter and power pack that we were told would be compatible. It connected to the track but we had no luck in a working Car. 

Does anybody know of, or have any knowledge of old track? Or have any suggestions of renovators? or know what would be the next step to get it back working! 

Many thanks and fingers crossed someone can help! X

Could be one of a number of problems... i would propose starting with the car...

Test 1: hold the car in one hand with the underside facing upwards and keeping hands clear of the rear wheels. Then touch the two terminals of a fresh PP9 battery against the two brushes... does the motor run or not?

C

You will have to use a voltmeter (also called a multi-meter) that measures power (volts) in DC and AC as well as ohms (resistance).

You can use that to make there there are good conntections with the power off (ohms) and then check if power is coming to the rails with the power on (volts).

It would help to know what you bought (post pictures if you can) as well as the set itself as not everyone here was around in 1968 to be sure. 😎

Archived