help chosing a digital train set.

MR.C

hi i am new to hornby just starting up. this might be a dumb question. please give me advice on chosing. i have the night mail train set. i want to go digital and i was looking at the mixed freight set. just wondering if the deisel in this set would be

powerful to pull the mail carriags witch are roughly 25cm long. without putting strain on the engine. there are 2 carriags so it will be 50cm long. or should i just get a deisel shunter by itself if so witch one would you recomend. i read on these forums a

little while ago adding to many carriags to the engine can put it under a lot of strain and damage the engine.

The one in the Mixed Freight one would be able to pull it easlsly, but I'd go for a Super Detail Class 08 shunter, they are very good. Also, just if you want a acurat layout, a class 08 would only have shunted the coaches to the locomotive and would not

pull the actualy train.

Jacob

i also have been looking at the somerset belle too. now i am not sure witch one to get. i still want to use my two mail carriags. would etiher set be able to pull both the carriags. just not sure witch one to get. get somerset belle or mixed freight set.

please give me advice thanks.

Archived