Do TTS Decoders Include Motor Control or are they just Sound?

Guest Chrissaf

Hi Span, you can say Bachmann to your heart’s content without fear of a kicking. And yes, the TTS completely replaces all previous decoder functions, motor throttle and lights, and adds sound.  Do a search on this site for the leaflet/brochure for any TTS decoder and all will be revealed. 

PS.  Just to note, it is usually best to raise a new topic to ask a question, you are more likely to get the answer you need and it won’t get confused with the answers in an existing thread. If I’d have been you asking this, I’d have raised a new topic in the DCC sub-forum with a title like Do TTS Decoders Include Motor Control or just Sound.  It’s always best to include a good descriptive title. 

Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered already. Just a noob question on the tts decoders. I bought a  Bach... class 37 dcc ready (fill in the rest i dont want to be kicked off the hornby site haha) and fitted the dcc chip. Im just wondering, save for needing a 21 to 8 pin converter, does the tts decoder replace the dcc chip and have all the functions aswel as the sound, or does it need added to the already installed chip?

Sorry if beginner question, my last post was on wiring so im moving on and upwards

Thank you

Hi Span_2k

I have done exactly what you want, using a Bachmann Class 47.  It works perfectly. 

Remove the existing DCC chip first and use a 21 to 8 pin adapter and it controls everything , sounds, motor, lights etc.

The TTS is a budget decoder, there are less CVs to adjust................draw your own conclusions.

Search for the the word "judder".........this comes up a lot associated with TTS decoders. But to be fair to the product, the judder issues are solvable with a CV change.

Archived