Addressing Cobalt iP Digital with Hornby Elite

Dibble01

Just installing Peco Electrofrog Points and using Cobalt iP Digital with my Hornby Elite Controller. Any views would be appreciated. Do I have to use the programme track? I am told the Cobalt is the way to go but it's not working for me. So if anyone has fitted them please feel free to enlighten me.

No you definitely do not use the Elite programming track to configure Cobalt iP Digitals.

This previous post of mine gives 'step by step' instructions. Ignore the references to the Select in the post, those comments were written for another forum member.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/using-elite-to-control-locos-and-select-for-points/?p=1/#post-270482

Depending when and where your Cobalt iP Digital were bought. They may or may not be shipped with 'self centering' enabled. When you attach them to your DCC track supply. If they move to the middle, then 'self centering' is enabled and you will need to follow the DCC Address 198 procedure before you configure their DCC operating addresses. If they move to one side, then 'self centering' has already been disabled and you can go straight to the 'setting the operation address' part of my instructions.

TIP: As a relative newbie poster, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button. There is no real need to keep repeating (quote) the previous replies. Thank you.

Whilst Chris has stated there is no need to use a programming track be aware that your Elite can program on the main (POM) suitable accessory decoders from Elite firmware v1.43 onwards. I.e. to access and alter the 198 scenario. Suitable accessory decoders in my mind could include those point motors with built in decoders.

Rob

Archived