Functions on a NCE Powercab [DCC Controller]

Guest Chrissaf

You can configure the NCE Powercab 'Option' key to give easy access to functions above F9.

This would appear to be a common issue with the NCE Powercab as Wickness models have produced a quick 'How To' guide.

Part of page 2 of this guide is reproduced below and needs to be read in conjunction with page 20 of the NCE Powercab 1.65 manual.

/media/tinymce_upload/407beba774c3e4b9fc0abb3d5932a845.jpg

No disrespect intended, but surely reading the manual should be the first port of call when a control issue is found. Bearing in mind that this is a Hornby product forum and this controller is not a Hornby product. Even if the Vent Van is, this issue is with the controller not the van. In some respects you were lucky, because even though I have never had a NCE Powercab, this >F9 control information was easy to find on the net.

As for not being a HORNBY topic read Forum rules to the right.

Which is precisely why I took the time to research your issue and post a detailed reply. I was just pointing out that as a NCE product, your query might have been better dealt with on NCE's own forum, where one would expect to find 'Experts' as you put it for the NCE product. Yes there are NCE users on here as demonstrated by Ivory's reply, but your access to NCE 'Experts' on this Hornby forum will be limited. As it turned out your issue was relatively easy to solve, but it might have been an issue that could not be resolved by just reading the manual.

I have just bought the Hornby Vent Van with sound and the Railroad Tornado also with sound but I can not input any functions after F9. As soon as I press 1 to input a function over 10 I get F1. Any experts out there?

Peter

Archived