Railmaster - ELink - Hornby R3122x 0-6-0PT GWR Green 2721 (No 2773)

Hi, I previously asked for and recieved great help in topic https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/railmaster-elite-older-cadbury-castle-hornby-decoder/?p=1.  I have put this in a separate topic to avoid going through the older thread.

Current setup

• HP laptop (2016) 64 bit windows 10 with USB 2.0 port configured as COM4 115200 baud in device manager
  • Hornby railmaster V1.69 with  eLink controller settings matching laptop
  • Controller A is eLink V1.07 and is active and shows green in top right corner of railmaster
  • Hornby R3122x 0-6-0PT GWR Green 2721 (No 2773) - DCC ID is set to 0003 and when the attached piece of track is on the PROG connection it can read the CV of the engine
  • I have added the locomotive to railmaster and changed back to TRACK - trying to make the engine go on the tortoise setting in forward or reverse does not work.
  • I have looked at the railmaster guide settign up locomotives and reading CVs

I would welcome advise and suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.

rgds

Graham

I have added the locomotive to railmaster.

1. If you can screen capture the RailMaster throttle for this loco in the main RM window with the loco throttle expanded to full size.
  2. And also screen capture the settings screen for this loco in the 'Locomotive Settings' screen.
  3. Then post the screen shots back into this thread. Anything that is obviously wrong should then be evident to us and we can advise further.

I have included a couple of example screen shots below to represent the screen captures I am requesting. If you are not sure how to post an image, then review this 'How To' link.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/how-do-i-include-an-image-photo-in-my-post/?p=1

Full throttle example (but needs to be the one associated with your configured R3122 loco that you have the issue with).

/media/tinymce_upload/f093fa3f98d012e776d9cccf38bf650d.jpg

'Locomotive Settings' example screen, but needs to have all the fields populated with the data associated with your R3122 loco that you have configured. This data should match the data in the throttle image.

/media/tinymce_upload/719e1694cd0eed35979633c1db961a43.jpg

Images that you post today, are unlikely to appear before Monday.

If unsure how to capture a screen image. Windows has 'as standard' a screen capture utility called "Snipping Tool". Type "Snipping" into the 'Start Menu' search box and the tool should be listed in the search results. Start the tool and choose "Regtangular Snip" in the pull down box menu. Then just use your mouse left button cursor to drag a selection box around the area you want to capture. Releasing the left mouse button will open the save image dialogue box. Save the image to a temporary folder then navigate to the saved image file using the forum image tool as described in the link further above. Do not try and copy and paste the image directly into the forum reply box, this rarely works. Neither does 'drag n drop'. It is best to use the image tool icon in the forum reply tool box.

/media/tinymce_upload/06f4d7899792b93bed920330babd87ac.jpg

Hornby R3122x 0-6-0PT GWR Green 2721 (No 2773) - DCC ID is set to 0003 and when the attached piece of track is on the PROG connection it can read the CV of the engine

Just to be super clear without any ambiquity. Are you saying that when you read the value of CV1 on the eLink programming track it states 3 as the read value?

Ok,

I'm wiping two small lots of egg from face...

• in between testing the track with a multimeter (15.6v) and changing PROG to TRACK and back, I had inadvertently dislodged one of the connections on the test track.
  • thank you for the screen shots - i had missed the fact that you not only had to select 'tortoise' and 'forwards', but also advance the 'throttle'

engine now works - but some settings may not be correct

/media/tinymce_upload/0f6242c4322243553a32f9b26c0ac8ee.png

/media/tinymce_upload/0c69787a20d0554ce3e83f0dbea0f059.png

/media/tinymce_upload/f23e8a6c8b77b7ceb76564d18e255b51.PNG

/media/tinymce_upload/834af98c64cb1470f1d4d5ce9fcef334.PNG

thank you for your help

Graham

Glad to hear you have got it working. Don't forget we're here to assist if you have other 'How To' requirements. Can't say I've used the 'tortoise & hare' symbols much. But I was under the impression that they should function independently of the throttle slider.

PS - The CV values in the first two images look OK to me.

When you press the shunt or cruise buttons the loco should go to the speed set in the boxes in Chris’s second picture and the slider should move on its own to those set speeds, likewise when you press the stop button the loco will stop and the slider will return to zero.

Try it on a different colour scheme and see if its the same.

You do not need the Detection ID yet as that is for the ‘soon’ to be issued loco detection system that we have been waiting about .five years for - just the loco address ID.

Rob

Archived