Class 800 Coach Lights issue

Guest Chrissaf

Hi Guys,

I’ve noticed the coach lights to one of the carriages is on when I first power up the track, but shortly after goes out and stays out, everything else appears to be working fine, can anyone suggest why this might be?

Hi Olly85,

It’s one of the coaches, I took inspiration from your comments and took the coach apart, I tested the light strip independantly and it initially lights up then goes out, it only comes on again after a long time being powered down, then does exactly the same again, my guess is the capacitor or something fails after a few seconds of being powered up, and only works again once the power is fully discharged.

ive contacted the seller to see if hornby will supply a new light strip to save sender the whole set back, it’s held in by two screws.

cheers for your help, Jon

Hi All,

I think I’ve manage to confirm the coach light strip is faulty, does anyone know how I can find out what the part number is?

I cannot see the point in sending back the full 5 car set for the sake of one faulty light strip, the coach model is: -

GWR, IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 Coach

Archived