Cromwell

Sailorman

Still unable to get myself to continue my Oceanic build ....so I decided to go for another out-of-the-box build.  This time the Cromwell.  

I was again surprised at how well the parts went together and the level of detail provided.  The only parts I decided to replace were the guards to the lights (Parts 31A ) as I felt they were over thick.  I replaced them with wire of a suitable diameter.  

The model has been primed and I hope to complete the paint job tomorrow and to finish it all off by the weekend.

This must be a record for me .....one kit built in a week!

/media/tinymce_upload/6d3da4c6025857c620d806cca61afdad.jpg

Hi Patrick.

This must be a record for me .....one kit built in a week!

Remember the days coming home and siting at the kitchen table all afternoon making your latest buy, if it was really complecated maybe finishing it off on a Sunday morning. Oh! Wonerfull days and glue covered fingers.

Remember we do this for fun                                John the Pom

You bet John.  I can still remember building the Bismark one Christmas Day.  I started it at 9:00am and was sailing it by the evening!  This was back in 1967 or so.  Here she is sinking the Suffolk!

I could never understand by my brother's Brownie camera pictures would always be blurred!!

/media/tinymce_upload/013aabc075b9b6acfd8ea943ca560b99.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived