Hornby TTS decoder fitting

rugbyboys

Hi, I fitted my first sound Decoder today( Hornby TTS ) to a Hornby Clan class DCC ready that I bought a few years ago which had a decoder already fitted and I was feeling quite pleased with myself, all sounds working ok if a bit on the quiet side even on max volume,but then after about half an hour of running it tripped out the controller for temp overheating. I have followerd the fitting instructions and any videos that i could find to the letter but knowing how little space there is available I cant imagine what else that I can do, so it would be a great help if anyone has any ideas, help or suggestions that would help me overcome this problem,, many thanks.

Normally, most members on here complain about the TTS sound being too loud and are asking how to turn it down. Again, many on here have also reported burning out the TTS decoder after running the TTS decoder at maximum volume values. Just maybe your TTS decoder had a fault in the Amplifier circuit and has made the TTS decoder present a near 'short circuit' condition to you your controller, causing it to trip. Just a theory to consider.

After doing a few more diagnostics, if you still can't resolve it.....do as WD said and send it back for replacement.

Archived