2 out of 3 cars not working(Brand new Set)

Jdagnew

Hope someone can tell me if I have a faulty set. Just bought ARC Pro Sunset Speedway and only one car is working. They all connect when I switch the controllers on, I even re-paired them but still 2 of the cars will not run. I have disconnected the ARC track piece and place the cars nearest to the ARC unit. They spark and lights flash for a moment as I place them on the track, the led on the ARC unit is solid when the controller is switched on. This is my first Scalextric set for my foster kids to play with so maybe I am doing something wrong. One car works perfect and I was able to calibrate it also. I’ve checked the braids and all have good connection.

Thanks for any help.

John

Hi John. Could be the cars or it could be the controllers or it could be the powerbase. Some simple diagnostics should help. Do not use the app for any of the following steps - the cars and powerbase are designed to work without the app.

First, toggle the small switch on the left side of the powerbase to analogue mode. This means the red and green controllers will control one lane each. Test the three cars, one at a time, on the red lane (nearest the powerbase) - do they all work? Then try them on the green lane.

Then switch back to digital mode and connect all three cars to the one colour that was working originally - do all three cars work? Then connect all three to the other two colours that other two controllers are connected to. Make a note of what cars and controller combinations are working.

You can do these diagnostics on just the powerbase or build a small oval with a lane changer to test the lane changing function of each car/controller combo. Let us know how you get on and report back! That should give us important information to proceed.

Thanks M8, I got it sorted by reading one of your other posts, I had tried to link the cars to the corresponding colours on the ARC power base, so the cars were on channel 4 and 6. Once I put them back to 1,2 and 3 channels everything was fine. Thanks for that.

However I seen to have a problem with the lap counter in the app, it does not seem to count the laps. I have rebuilt the track but still nothing. Only thing I have not done is to reinstall the app and try that. Does it matter where on the track the power base is installed? My track runs under a dining table to make better use of the room so maybe I need to follow the track layouts to the letter as shown with the kit?

Thanks

John

However I seen to have a problem with the lap counter in the app, it does not seem to count the laps. I have rebuilt the track but still nothing. Only thing I have not done is to reinstall the app and try that. Does it matter where on the track the power base is installed? 

You might have the powerbase installed the wrong way around.

The cars only register laps if the cars pass over the start finish sensor in the correct direction.

Don't ask me how I know! ;)

Archived