Matching startup delay between Hornby Sapphire and ESU LokSound

SmarTrains

Hi guys,

Is anyone aware of how you would sync the startup delay from an ESU Loksound to a Hornby Sapphire (if it even supports this function), or will I need to get an ESU LokPilot to match these? My understanding is the LokPilot has a "virtual sound" function which delays startup in line with the LokSound decoders. I was thinking perhaps the Sapphire would have a manual option on a CV to setup a delayed start.

These are installed in a Hornby Eurostar.

Cheers

Although the Sapphire leaflet quotes ‘the start and stop delays can be adjusted individually’ this is simply referring to accel and decell values in CVs 3 & 4, which is a rate of increase/decrease not a pucka delay before an event.

The only other delay available is part of the programmable events auto-operations facility which ismnot what the OP is looking for either.

Thanks Gents, I'll look at acquiring a LokPilot for this, as it appears to have a "virtual sound" function which can be enabled/disabled and is for this very purpose. Being both ESU, I can easily ensure the CVs related to delayed start, etc. are precisely matched, and maybe even do a controller advanced consist instead of using RailMaster for that.

Archived