Which TTS Decoder for Eurostar R3215

Ullswater

@Ullswater

ESU have a downloadable sound file for a TGV which is probably the closest you will find to a Eurostar.

Hornby provide ESU Loksound decoders in their International brands, but no longer do so for British outline models. The Jouef and Electrotren versions of the TGV/AVE are both available with sound. This would be the closest (I feel) to a Eurostar sound. You will, of course, need one at each end............

I have fitted an ESU Loksound v4.0 with Legomanbiffo sounds to my Eurostar Class 373. Do a google search to find them, but Olivia‘s uses an old version. It was expensive though, around the price you mentioned. I think they’re DCC kits or something.

I also fitted directional lights and coach lights with the additional coach pack, for a 6 car unit. The lights are from Express Models.

I’m now working on a power car at both ends and looking to match a LokPilot on the non sound end and consist the two.

If you are running non sound decoders they can simply have the same address as the sound decoders rather than consist them, unless you need to adjust CVs to better match motor performance of course, like kick start voltage, accel, decell,etc..

Try Olivia's

https://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/olivias-trains-sound-function-sheets/olivias-class-373-eurostar-sound-functions/

You'll be disapointed, I have put several of their sound installs right in the past

I find that disappointing Richard.  I have to say I stick with Howes or Legomanbiffo although I have experimented with TTS recently as you know.  The jury is still out on the TTS and I may sell them to upgrade.

Archived