Hornby TTS issues

Deviousweegee

Hi I have recently purchased a Hornby class 37 TTS chip with intentions of installation within a vitrains class 37 but the chip doesn't seem to work properly. I have tried to give the chip a new address with my Hornby select (1.5) firmware and it seems to accept it but the loco won't respond to any commands such moving forward, after about 30 seconds of sitting still the loco will shoot off at full speed with all the lights on and nothing I do can stop it apart from removing it from the track. I spoke to Hornby support who advised I update the control to 1.5 but that did not work. I have tried the chip in a Hornby 8 pin loco but it also does the same thing.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

Many thanks

The decoder probably needs a reset which your Select cannot do at v1.5, but when Hornby release v1.6 it will be able to write to CVs. Do you have a friend or a local model shop who could reset the decoder back to defaults which should also disable DC running. Try a 9v battery across the loco wheels to see if it runs. If so DCcrunning is enabled and is likely the cause of your runaway.

Archived